From: Resotko, John <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2022 10:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] File storage everywhere questions

Hi everyone, long time no email.

I've been trying to find out more information about file storage options, but haven't been having much luck.  I have a department admin who'd like to have as flexible a storage option as Onedrive, but at a department level where he can control who does and does not have access.  He's reluctant to create a OneDrive account under his MSU NetID for this because if he changes roles or leave our college, someone will have to go thru the process of rebuilding that OneDrive and moving everything.

Someone has suggested using Teams to create a file repository for everyone on his team, but then I have concerns about how robust Teams is about accidental file deletion and recovery, as well as backup retention and recovery. (ie, can we recover a file that was deleted this time last year?)

Finally, if none of these are good options, is there still a CampusAD file storage service available, and what's the going rate?  I would have the same questions about file recovery, backup, and retention there as well.

I know, that's a lot of questions for one email.  Please feel free to respond directly to me if you prefer.  As always, I'm grateful for your time and thankful for any information you can provide. Have a great day!

John Resotko
Assistant Director, Systems Administration and Support
Michigan State University College of Law
phone: 517-432-6836
fax: 517-432-6861
web: http://www.law.msu.edu/