This is off topic, but I don't know who else to ask (none of the hits on
Google had anything to say about this).

This morning my wife decided to set up the voicemail on her new Android
phone, and it asked the question, "Allow voicemail to access your
contacts?", with options to Allow or Deny.  We did not know how to
respond.  What do we gain or lose by saying Allow?  What do we gain or
lose by saying Deny?

Forging ahead regardless, we then got a similar question about allowing
voicemail to access photos, etc.  Same puzzles:  What do we gain or lose
by saying Allow, and what do we gain or lose by saying Deny?

Anyone want to weigh in?

Thanks,
-- dkm