One of my students was helping field an issue with a user who couldn't
connect an iPhone on the net 2.0 network in our building. After contacting
the IT Services helpdesk, he was told something to the effect that its a bug
in iOS 9 and Apple is working on it. No additional technical details were given.

Does anyone have more information on this? I'm calling shenanigans without a
proper technical explanation for the behavior. Net 2.0 has been known to be
unreliable across a wide range of devices be it Apple, Android, Intel, Dell,
or Atheros chipsets with connections intermittently failing to negotiate or
failing to pass traffic for long periods only to drop, renegotiate, and then
resume passing traffic. The last thing I need over here is FUD getting
spread around about an update we're trying to aggressively push because of
the CVE's it resolves.

Dave