Depends on the issue with the drive. I’ve had luck getting another exact model HD and replacing the board on the drive. If it’s the board that’s dead that will fix it. If it’s the platter or arm that’s dead then it’s extremely hard to fix.

From: Lee Duynslager [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Data Recovery hard drives

My user has a single hard drive that we need to recover data from, but the drive is not even recognized in bios or when placed in a dock that uses either USB or esata as the interface to the computer.

Does anybody have any good recommendations for local hard drive data recovery companies that gave you good service?  Any recommendations for other than local?

Thanks,

Lee Duynslager  LD

Information Technology

Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences

578 Wilson Rd.,

Rm 207 Center for Integrated Plant Systems

East Lansing, MI 48824

517-432-5296