From: Symantec Corporation [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2015 12:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Symantec and Veritas Separation – August Update on Progress

Important Update for Customers  |   View email online

      Symantec

Symantec and Veritas Separation – August Update on Progress

Dear Valued Customer,

Symantec and Veritas Separation – August Update on Progress

You may have seen the exciting news that Symantec has reached a definitive agreement to sell Veritas to The Carlyle Group, a global investment firm with a strong track record of growing businesses. This transaction will give both companies the financial wherewithal to accelerate the execution of their respective strategies and bring innovation to market sooner for our partners and customers.

As you know, we’ve spent the past year readying for the separation of the businesses, and the sale simplifies the process, giving us even greater confidence we can make this transition as seamless as possible. The sale of Veritas is expected to close by the end of our third quarter ending in December 2015, and we remain on track to achieve operational separation of the two businesses by October 2015.

What Changes Will You Notice?

Beginning in October, Symantec and Veritas businesses will run on separate systems ranging from our upstream sales and quoting systems all the way to our downstream invoicing and collections systems. Your interactions with us regarding Symantec Enterprise Security solutions (or, ES) will remain unchanged. Interactions with Veritas regarding your Information Management (or, IM) solutions will be handled differently in some respects. To assure a smooth transition, we ask you to consider taking the following simple steps:

  • Update your Veritas and Symantec account contacts.
  • Familiarize yourself with the benefits and features of the new Veritas licensing portal and how to obtain licensing keys.
  • For customers who order directly:
    • Understand the simplified ordering process, including an enhanced invoice format and billing process.
    • Please set up Veritas as a Vendor in your procurement systems and anticipate new Veritas SKUs for ordering.
  • Understand how Veritas’s new Buying Programs address your business needs.
  • Know who to contact for Veritas support matters (e.g. technical support, product support, etc.), and share this information through your organization.
  • Assure you have any other necessary vendor information to transact with Veritas (e.g. trading entity names, addresses, etc.).

Please read on for further detail on continuing Business Support, Actions Required on your part, and how to get Additional Support and information during the transition.

You can also reference our Transition Microsite for an FAQ outlining the changes you should expect in each of these areas.

Business Support

We will continue to provide you with outstanding service and support for both businesses during our transition. When we separate, we’ll provide new contact details to access self-service customer and technical support for Veritas solutions. At separation, customers will be able to use the new Veritas websites to access Information Management product information, Business Support knowledge bases, and create and manage your cases online. If you have open cases for your Veritas products at the time we separate, you will receive new Veritas case numbers to track status to resolution. We will provide more details on these features in the future.

At separation, Veritas solution support for your Information Management solutions will be the same you’ve been accustomed. Also, your Symantec Security solution support will remain the same as it is today.

What Action Is Required?

Set up Veritas as a Vendor in Your Systems

If you require this information, we’ve put together a simplified Veritas Vendor Setup Form to help you set up Veritas as a vendor in your systems to enable you to do business with Veritas. These forms will cover standard Vendor set up information such as addresses, ordering contact details, and (starting in September) bank remittance information, etc. Visit this page to access the Veritas Vendor Setup Forms – please note that forms for different Veritas entities will be added over time. If you require more detailed information than is provided in the Veritas Vendor Setup Form please contact your partner or Account Manager.

Please note that if you will continue to order Security solutions from Symantec, it is important that you do not replace or overwrite your Symantec details, these will remain as they are today for the Symantec Security businesses. You should create Veritas as a separate and unique vendor in your systems.

The table below provides the Registered and Trading addresses for the three primary Veritas entities that are being set up to support order processing across our global markets after separation. We will continue to update the Transition Microsite with new information and Vendor Setup Forms, as additional Veritas selling entities are established.

Mapping of Symantec / Veritas entities – Who provides you Information Management?

Your location: United States, Canada, Latin America & Caribbean, Thailand
Before separation: Symantec Corporation
After separation: Veritas Technologies LLC

  • Registered address: 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, Wilmington, Delaware 19808, U.S.A.
  • Trading & correspondence address: 500 East Middlefield Road, Mountain View, California 94043, U.S.A.

Your location: Europe, Middle East or Africa
Before separation: Symantec, Ltd.
After separation: Veritas Storage (Ireland) Limited:

  • Registered address: 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland
  • Trading & correspondence address: Ballycoolin Business Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Ireland

Your location: Asia Pacific, not including Japan or China*
Before separation: Symantec Asia Pacific Singapore PTE
After separation: Veritas Storage (Singapore) Pte. Ltd:

  • Registered address: 8 Marina Boulevard, #05-02 Marina Bay Financial Centre, 018981, Singapore
  • Trading & correspondence address: 10 Eunos Road 8, #09-02 Singapore Post Centre, 408600, Singapore

* Additional entities, including Japan and China: Information coming soon

The next communication will be sent in early September, when we’ll also update the Veritas Vendor Setup Form with Veritas banking details.

Submit Sales/Use Tax Exemption Documents (US and Canada Direct- Accounts only):

The following only applies if you normally order directly from Symantec, and in future will order directly from Veritas: In order to comply with sales and use tax laws in the US and Canada, we need to obtain updated sales/use tax exemption documents from your company. This is required for these tax jurisdictions to which Veritas ships or provides goods and services.

In our September communication, we will update you on the process for submitting tax exemption documents to ensure accurate tax calculations on your Veritas invoices after October 5th, 2015.

For more information on these process changes, please reference the Transition Microsite.

Additional Transition Support Information

Assuring a smooth transition for you to conduct business with Veritas is our top concern. Additional details will be continually updated on our Transition Microsite. You will find FAQ’s, strategy updates, press releases, other resources and who to contact for assistance.

If you have any questions, please refer to your partner, your Account Manager or one of the Regional Support Contacts listed below.

Regional Customer Care Support Center Contacts

Americas: North America (NAM)

Email: [log in to unmask]
United States: 1-800-721-3934
Canada: 1 800 634 4747
Latin America - Brazilian Portuguese: 0800 891 1184
Latin America - Spanish Latin: 91 40 69 045

Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)

Email: [log in to unmask]
France (0)141 91 9639
Germany (0)69 95 09 62 68
Italy +39 026 96 33 364
United Kingdom 0870 243 1003
Russia 800700526

Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ)

Email: [log in to unmask]
Australia: 1 800 808 089
China - Simplified Chinese: 800 810 3992 / 800 810 9771
Taiwan - Traditional Chinese: 0080 1611391
Japan: 0120 402 477 / 81 3 5114 4006
Korea: 080 719 0880

We will provide another update in September as we approach the final weeks before our operational changes.

Sincerely,

The Symantec and Veritas Separation Team

This message is provided to Symantec partners and customers for internal use in support of their interaction with Symantec and Veritas. No other use, reproduction or distribution of this message is permitted. Although every reasonable effort has been made to present current and accurate information in this message, this information is subject to change. Please reference our Transition Microsite for updated and current information as our separation progresses.

FOLLOW US   RSSFacebookTwitterGoogle+

© 2015 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec Logo, and the Checkmark Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

To unsubscribe from all Symantec marketing emails, click here.
To manage your Symantec email preferences, click here.
To review our online Privacy Policy, click here.

Symantec Corporation, 350 Ellis Street, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States