Right, which is why I suggested thermal tweaking.

Another thought that occurs to me is to see if another computer
can recognize the disk.  I had a failed disk on one of the older
white Optiplex's, which came up, sortof, on a much newer Dell.
Now, I don't know if physically handling the disk did something
to it, or other other bios didn't something different.

Yes, this is Advanced Grasping at Straws.  ;-)

--STeve Andre'