On 08/13/15 10:47, Lee Duynslager wrote:
> My user has a single hard drive that we need to recover data from, but
> the drive is not even recognized in bios or when placed in a dock that
> uses either USB or esata as the interface to the computer.
>
> Does anybody have any good recommendations for local hard drive data
> recovery companies that gave you good service?  Any recommendations
> for other than local?
>
> Thanks,

This might be worth trying:

1. try using the disk after a couple days of no activity. Sometimes,
sometimes
there are thermally intermittent connections which screw things up. Resting
for a while has worked for me twice.

2. Put the disk in a freezer for about 15 minutes.  You do not want to
freeze
it, but make it cold.  That's worked for me at least 4 times.

First though, find out what files/directories are the most important.
You may
not have much time with it.

My so far best luck has been R-Studio.  I think it once found stuff when
regular
OS's didn't see anything.

--STeve Andre'