On 07/23/15 09:38, Al Puzzuoli wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Hi everyone,

I want to configure my PDC to sync with one of these servers. Curious whether there is a best practice around here? I see that MSU has an NTP server. Any reason to prefer that one over the others listed?

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli

Information Technologist

Michigan State University,

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities,  120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915

http://www.rcpd.msu.edu

In my tests, the thing that mattered the most was a reliable connection to
the ntp host.   A while ago I had access to someone with a 10MHz atomic
clock (for as little as $150!) which made a great stratum-1 type server,
but the supposed business class DSL connection made it flaky.

I haven't tested ntp.msu.edu but given our path to it, it probably wins.

--STeve Andre'