I have relearned my lesson.  Dell engineers can be counted on to make changes,
but they can't be counted on to make improvements.  At one time, all Dell
monitors that had model numbers that began with U24 (Ultrasharp) had a
resolution of 1920x1200 and used the AX510 soundbar.  It is not the case
anymore.  The models that end with Q are 3840x2160 and models that end with H
are 1920x1080, and rather than 24" diagonal are 23.8" diagonal.  The latest
sound bar is the AC511, which is USB powered like the AX210.  The description of
the AC511 soundbar states that it is USB powered, but it is also USB audio and
has no separate 3.5mm audio plug like the AX510.

The two sound bar models are not interchangeable in any fashion and the AC511
has different mounting points from the AX510.  I didn't find a mounting adapter
which would have made the AC511 a substitute for the AX510PA (powered by power
adapter that plugs into wall outlet).

As many of you know, laptop computers with HDMI have a tendency to send audio
out the HDMI connection if HDMI is connected.  Some of the models with HDMI have
an audio out jack, but the U2414H is designed for the AC511 sound bar, which
does not have a 3.5mm plug to connect to the audio out jack to pick up the HDMI
audio.

The AC511 is compatible with the following new monitor models:
E1914H, E2014H, E2014T, E2214H, E2314H, E2414H, P1914S, P2014H, P2214H, P2314H,
P2414H, P2714H, U2414H, UP2414Q, UP3214Q (note that the Tech Specs tab on the
Dell website has the last two model numbers wrong with an H suffix).

I purchased five AC511 sound bars thinking that the mounting would be compatible
with the AX510, but I only have a use for two of them.

Would anyone like to trade an AC511 sound bar for an AX510PA sound bar, or AC511
sound bars for AX510 sound bars?

-Stefan