I've got one that's kinda been puzzling me.  I've got a user that very
occasionally finds that his desktop email client (Mac's default email
program) will not list an email message while both his phone and the
msu webmail client will show it.  Eventually, anywhere from a few to
12 hours later, the message will show up on the desktop.  Both the
phone and desktop client are using imap, and the settings look fine on
the client.  It doesn't really feel to me like it's an issue on the
MSU end, since multiple other imap clients (web and phone) are seeing
the message.  And as far as he's noticed, it's always been the mac
email program that's missing the message.

I know MSU's been updating their pop and imap servers, but I don't
*think* it's related, since a previous email that he had this problem
with happened about a month ago (And that's part of our problem trying
to track this down, it's very infrequent, and of course, never happens
at a time when I can look at the systems while they're in the state
where it's missing the email).

He does have a fair amount of email in his inbox on the server, but
I've never seen that cause this issue elsewhere.

Anyone ever run into something like this?  I haven't tried contacting
the help desk because like I said, it doesn't really feel to me like
it's an issue on the MSU side, and I also haven't been able to catch
it during the time when it's happening (I figure maybe at least if I
can get it while it's in that state, maybe there's something MSU would
be able to find on their end, but when things are working, not much is
going to be obvious).