Friends,
The primary information we have about File Depot is contained in TB19631 (http://techbase.msu.edu/article.asp?id=19631). As stated, the use of File Depot Internal is appropriate for sharing data between parties at Michigan State University. When appropriately sharing data to outside parties, you should be sure to comply with the Institutional Data Policy - http://eis.msu.edu/sid/.

The help desk cannot offer interpretation of policy, per se. According to the IDP page, (http://eis.msu.edu/idp) questions regarding that can be directed to [log in to unmask]

For other questions we can assist with, please contact IT Services Support.

Leo Sell
IT Services Support
Michigan State University
517-432-6200