Hello Everyone,

Long-time listener, first time caller here - so I apologize if this is not
the proper venue.  I'm reaching out for help today on an issue from one of
my users.  She has a Linux (Ubuntu 12.04LTS) machine for bioinformatics work
and a problem has arisen in using the Terminal.  The numbers 1, 4, 6 and 9
do not work (using the number pad or otherwise).  Even when doing
copy/paste, it will paste all other characters and omit instances of those
four numbers.  They do work in something like a web browser - the problem
only produces in the Terminal.  Additionally, the issue is isolated to just
one local user account.  The numbers do begin working if she connects to
HPCC via SSH.  I've tried checking basics like keyboard mapping but have
been unable to find any good information on the interwebs and am admittedly
not a linux expert.  I also tried installing a different terminal software
('Konsole' to be exact) and the problem carried over so it seems to be
deeper than that - maybe with BASH itself.

If anyone has any ideas or has seen a similar issue, I would greatly
appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks and Happy Monday!!

Dan Wyrembelski

Information Technology Professional