Would anyone happen to have a mid-1990s vintage magneto-optical drive
available on a shelf somewhere (or, much less likely, actually in use)?

One of the faculty here has a bunch of old 230MB magneto-optical disks
that he'd like to get the data off of, and the drive he's had on a shelf
for years and years unfortunately no longer works (the fault LED lights
and the system log shows that it is reporting one or more hardware errors).

The last other MO drive I know about within my department was one of those
built into the old NeXT Cubes which was retired and sent to salvage over
10 years ago
.

-
-
                                George

George J Perkins                  http://www.pa.msu.edu/people/perkins/
Biomedical Physical Sciences
567 Wilson Road, Room 1209B       Phone: 517-884-5467
East Lansing, MI  48824             FAX: 517-353-4500