Most folks who will be responding to this survey are in business office
areas. However, IT staff may need to assist them in answering some of
the questions, especially relating to e-commerce operations. As a
courtesy, I wanted to make sure IT people were aware of this. I'm
sending it to MSUNAG and the WebDev Cafe list. --Gene

The information in this message is critical and time-sensitive.  Please
forward this message to everyone who may be impacted.

/_WHO IS IMPACTED_/

All units/merchants/activities, both academic and non-academic, that
accept payment cards by any method must comply.  This includes
stand-alone dial-up swipe terminals, mobile (cellular) swipe terminals,
POS systems, CASHNet stores, eCommerce applications, PayPal, EventBrite,
hosted storefronts, third-parties accepting payment cards on MSU's
behalf, and any other methods not listed above.

/_REQUIRED TO REPORT_/

In order to continue accepting payment cards, MSU as an entity is
required to assert that we are compliant with the Payment Card Industry
Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).  MSU's processor, Bank of America
Merchant Services (BAMS) has given us a due date of *MARCH 31, 2014*.
MSU is not compliant until each individual merchant/unit/activity is
compliant.

/_ACTION NEEDED_/

Please complete the survey noted at the bottom of this message*_no later
than DECEMBER 4, 2013_*. The PCI Office will be better able to assist
your merchant/unit/activity if we have a clear understanding of how you
process, store and transmit cardholder data. Please direct any questions
to Gene Willacker at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Thank you in advance for your help!

*https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MSUPCIScopeSurvey2013***

--
Gene Willacker, PCIP, PCI ISA