Howdy folks. I'm looking for recommendations on hardware to run a simple Ubuntu based server.

We're an all Apple shop, but we rely heavily on Jira for issue and defect tracking. Since Mac OS and Jira don't play nicely, we've been using an older, repurposed Mac Pro (Core2 Duo, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD) running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, but it's been having someā€¦ power related issues lately.

Normally, if I need a non-Apple environment I use AWS, but that's out of the question for Jira since the block storage IO just isn't fast enough.

So, I'm looking to buy some new, purpose built hardware. Nothing super fancy - just needs to run Jira and Confluence for, maybe, 20-30 users. I've got room for a 1U rack mount but would prefer a standalone box.

It's been so long since I purchased any non-Apple hardware, I've got no idea where to turn. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
~mike

--
Mike Joseph