Ok.  I’m revisiting the issue of group task / project management.  We have need for a solution over here in IPF.  Based on previous posts I’ve made, and the received responses, I’m going to set some parameters for this discussion.  I never really got any responses back last time.  :/

#1.  ANY mention of SharePoint will be taken as an offer to come implement the solution for us FREE OF CHARGE, and subsequently accepted.  (Hint:  Don’t mention SharePoint!)

#2.  We are willing to pay for a solution, but we really would like to keep this as low cost as possible.  We’d like to avoid having 5 or more types of software / server licenses to implement a complete solution.

There are 8 individuals who will be using this system.  It would be great to expand that, if desired or necessary.

What we’re looking for:

·         Basic Business Intelligence.  Some way of doing at least basic reporting / analysis.

·         Ability to view other users tasks and progress. *requirement*

·         Task delegation *requirement*

·         Sub tasks *requirement*

·         Would prefer if there were a mobile solution, but not required.

·         VERY STRONGLY prefer AD integration.

·         Clean, easy to use, intuitive interface.  (Lots of drag and drop capabilities)

·         Ability to create projects, with tasks in that project.  But also to have stand alone tasks, not in a project. *requirement*

·         VERY STRONGLY prefer an in house solution over hosted.

What are others out there using?  Does anyone know of anything that fits this description?

Dak

Dak Aldrich

Michigan State University

Infrastructure Planning and Facilities