If you have more than 20 Windows licenses or so (of any kind) you might just be better off deploying a KMS. Trust me, it's worth it.
----
Jack Kramer
Manager of Information Technology
Communications and Brand Strategy
Michigan State University
w: 517-884-1231 / c: 248-635-4955

On Mar 13, 2013, at 11:28 AM, Gary Schrock <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Anyone try installing Win 8 from a volume license yet?  As you'll
recall from Win 7, you have to go in and change the product key after
install.  Well, you do the same thing in Win 8.  The catch?  The link
for changing the product key doesn't appear if windows isn't
activated.  Here's what I found from MS on how to do this:

To change the product key without first activating Windows, use one of
the following methods:
Method 1

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or,
if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the
screen, and then click Search.
In the search box, type Slui.exe 0x3.
Tap or click the Slui.exe 0x3 icon.
Type your product key in the Windows Activation window, and then click Activate.
Method 2

Run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
Cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk <Your product key>
Note You can also use the Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT) 3.0
to change the product key remotely, or if you want to change the
product key on multiple computers.

----

The words I want to use to describe this aren't fit for polite
company, so I'll exclude them from this email :).

Gary