Yep, these kind of things are extremely prevalent and dangerous. This isn't
the mid-90's where a user would have to do something silly to trigger an
attack by opening the wrong attachment. In my environment, I see 3 to 5
drive-by Java exploits a day, and that's just from what I can pick up with
the AV definitions and gets past the bad domain blacklist. These things are
coming in through the advertisement banners, usually which go through some
kind of ad channel that is re-sold to third parties multiple times
destroying any kind of accountability when something bad gets propagated; Or
you have hundreds of thousands of webpages using a common framework
(WordPress, for example) which has a mass exploit and now all those
seemingly legitimate sites are silently hosting the latest JRE/PDF/Flash
0-day exploit.

Even last night Sundance Chevy's website got blocked because it was hosting
something bad, and a few night before that it was Bible.org, the Central
Dakota Humane Society, and the National Association of State Boards of
Accountancy websites.

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 18:33:43 -0500, Kwiatkowski, Nicholas
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>A better question would be -- how often have the done it already today?
>
>These exploits can be through drive-by advertisements on legitimate sites.
 They could be from bad sites.  They could be from anywhere...