Windows+E and Windows+R both get heavy usage from me, as well as Windows+Arrows and Windows+P on multi-monitor systems sometimes, too.  I get up from my desk from time to time, so Windows+L gets some usage, too.  Nobody is taking my Windows key away.  As far as the Caps Lock key goes, I'm still used to the touch typist way of using shift so that, even when I'm writing SQL, I'm using shift instead of Caps Lock.  Call me crazy, but I just don't use Caps Lock ever.

-----Original Message-----
From: David McFarlane [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] How do you disable Caps Lock for your fleet PCs?

At 2/7/2013 11:29 AM Thursday, David McFarlane wrote:
>>2. without pause|break how am I going to pull up system properties
>>quickly? (WindowsKey +Pause|Break)
>
>I call for abolishing the Windows Key!  Yet another unnecessary and
>proprietary expansion of the keyboard -- what next, a "Command"
>key?  (Oh, wait...)
>
>(Which leaves open how to quickly pull up system properties with
>neither Windows Key nor Pause|Break, I will leave that to the other
>adepts.)

OK, with Vista or 7 I can do that by pressing Ctrl+Escape, starting to type "system", whereupon System pops up in the search results, and I just down-arrow to it and press Enter.  That's plenty good enough for me, much more mnemonic and generic than WindowsKey + Pause|Break, and once I have opened System Properties I am bound to leave it open and just Alt+Tab to it in future, so not really all that inconvenient to type in a few easily remembered keys to get it started the first time.  But different strokes for different folks.

-- dkm