On 02/05/13 13:24, David Graff wrote:
> Is anyone else in a situation where they need extended support on a
> now-defunct version of the Java Runtime? We run an application that will
> only work with JRE 6, which is hitting support EOL at the end of the month.
> The application launches through the browser plugin, and at the rate that
> Java vulnerabilities are coming out that could prove to be a huge liability.

Given the wonderful track record of Java as of late, I would spend
money to fix this if at all possible.  NO ONE I know who uses Java
is resisting the move to 1.7 -- staying current with Java has proved
as important as keeping Flash current.

If this is some proprietary thing, I'd lean heavily on the place that
makes it to allow for an upgrade.

--STeve Andre'