At 2/7/2013 11:29 AM Thursday, David McFarlane wrote:
>>2. without pause|break how am I going to pull up system properties
>>quickly? (WindowsKey +Pause|Break)
>
>I call for abolishing the Windows Key!  Yet another unnecessary and
>proprietary expansion of the keyboard -- what next, a "Command"
>key?  (Oh, wait...)
>
>(Which leaves open how to quickly pull up system properties with
>neither Windows Key nor Pause|Break, I will leave that to the other adepts.)

OK, with Vista or 7 I can do that by pressing Ctrl+Escape, starting
to type "system", whereupon System pops up in the search results, and
I just down-arrow to it and press Enter.  That's plenty good enough
for me, much more mnemonic and generic than WindowsKey + Pause|Break,
and once I have opened System Properties I am bound to leave it open
and just Alt+Tab to it in future, so not really all that inconvenient
to type in a few easily remembered keys to get it started the first
time.  But different strokes for different folks.

-- dkm