At 2/7/2013 11:18 AM Thursday, Chad Randall wrote:
>1.  Our pharmacy management software automatically turns on caps
>lock and it is used throughout the program. It is a relic of
>character based UI systems, but it's a pharmacy standard.

In that case, you want to disable the Caps Lock key so that no one
inadvertently disables Caps Lock while using your software.  (Or does
your software merely convert all input to upper case, which would be
the better way to program this?)

>2. without pause|break how am I going to pull up system properties
>quickly? (WindowsKey +Pause|Break)

I call for abolishing the Windows Key!  Yet another unnecessary and
proprietary expansion of the keyboard -- what next, a "Command"
key?  (Oh, wait...)

(Which leaves open how to quickly pull up system properties with
neither Windows Key nor Pause|Break, I will leave that to the other adepts.)

-- dkm