In case anyone is interested in going. I went to the last meeting, which was free and this one looks to be as well. Good content.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jimmy L Butt Jr <[log in to unmask]>
Date: September 5, 2012 6:02:13 PM EDT
To: undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: Lansing ISSA / ISACA Breakfast meeting!

Hello to all Lansing ISSA members and friends of ISSA!  We have another chapter meeting that’s fast approaching and this is your first notification of it.

Like last month, we are having a joint meeting with a nearby chapter of another, related professional association.  The Western Michigan chapter of ISACA (previously known as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association, an international association) will join us for breakfast(!) to hear two speakers and to discuss their topics.

Scott Larsen, with the State of Michigan, will present the role of Security Information Event Management (SIEM) in auditing and compliance, and our own Russell Lahti, with COMLINK (formerly Great Lakes Comnet), will discuss Denial of Service risk mitigation!

And since this IS a breakfast, our starting/ending times are different!

SUMMARY:
    --- Thursday, September 20, 2012, 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM
         (Registration starts at 7:45 AM)
    --- Michigan State University Federal Credit Union, East Lansing
         (For directions go to http://lansing.issa.org/meeting_locations.htm)
    --- Registration fee:   Members--$15,  non-members--$20

Please bring an interested friend!

Jimmy Butt, Secretary
Lansing Information Systems Security Association