We've had some problems with the guest wireless login page but those were resolved.   Users would get redirected to the wrong page after clicking the "I accept" button on the guest login page.   However, this doesn't seem to be related to the problems you are describing.  If you are still experiencing the problem give the help desk a call and we will look into it.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would cause this problem is if the browser was trying to access an https site before the user has clicked the "I accept" button.  We've noticed that this causes some browsers to redirect very slowly.  The fix is to close the browser and open it again with only a non-https tab open.   Other than that, I'd have to have some more information to dig into the problem.  If you give us a call we can look into a solution.

/Kevin

On Sep 20, 2012, at 1:14 PM, Patrick Bills <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Tim,
>
> I've seen this happen this week in the basement of Natural Science, but not just for the guest account.   I assumed it was the old Apple Mac flaky wireless, or that it was overwhelmed by the number of requests.  I only saw it on two days and haven't tested it since so I did not report it.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Patrick Bills • [log in to unmask]
> 517-353-8649
> MSU Zoology & Mara Hyena Project
> http://www.zoology.msu.edu
> http://hyenas.zoology.msu.edu
>
> On Sep 20, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Tim Heckaman wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else having issues with users not getting redirected to the agreement page for the wireless. I have a few laptops here that use the Guest to access the network, and I have a few that use the non-guest. If the machine is registered it can get on the internet. If the machine is not registered it can connect with either wireless but they are not getting redirected to the agreement page so they can’t get on the internet. I don’t see anything in the network statistics that says anything is wrong.
>>
>> <image001.jpg>
>>
>> <Tim Heckaman.vcf>

Kevin Grattan
Wireless Team Leader