We use it very extensively as a way for users working from home to wake
their computers from home if the terminal server was inadequate. Previously
we had to designate a system in each subnet as being the always on WOL relay
system since ITS isn't about to allow us to do the broadcast forwarding (and
I can't say I blame them for that). But with the recent network restructure
and our VM environment, it became very easy for us to create a single WOL VM
with multiple virtual nics to each vLAN/broadcast domain and greatly
simplified the configuration.