I feel your frustration.  It happened to me several times over the
years.  However, in defense of the "Identity Management"(?) office
located in the International Center, I discovered a lesser known fact.
If you walk in (if they are open), you can get a new pin on the spot.
Be sure to bring you MSU idcard.  I hope this help.

r.