That all works well and good until you run into, oh, just for example, an
Active Directory policy which requires 3 out of 5 from lowercase,
uppercase, numbers, symbols, and unicode, and expires every 42 days so you
have to make up a new one (that you haven't used in the last year).

Still it's good advice and I recommend users try to find ways to add in
uppercase (proper nouns) and numbers ("4" = for, "2" = to, too) or even
punctuation like ? or ! which helps a lot.

Still doesn't get around users who just re-use passwords because it's too
hard to remember > 5 of them (or at that point they write them down in an
insecure location like a sticky note under the keyboard).

Carl Bussema III
Information Technologist
Michigan State University Outreach & Engagement
Phone: (517) 353-8977 • Fax: (517) 432-9541