Hi everyone,
One of my users needs a new computer, and she has asked that it be a Macbook. We have a few Macs in our office, but nobody is using one as their primary machine. A few questions:
We are using folder redirection on our Windows clients, and user data is therefore backed up automatically with our servers. Is it possible to set up redirection on a Macbook running OS X? I've been doing some reading on this topic, and the answer I've come up with is "sort of". It seems that you can change a user's home folder to point to a server location; However, files would not be available offline if the user were to disconnect the laptop from the office LAN. Am I understanding the situation correctly? If so, are there any workarounds?

Are there any issues in terms of Microsoft Office? Can I assume that the latest version of Outlook for Mac will play nicely with Exchange 2010, and that our Mac user would have access to all the same functions our Windows users do?  What about document compatibility between PC and Mac versions of MS office? I assume there are no issues as long as we're talking about MS Office and not iWork?
Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli
Michigan State University
Information Technologist                                       http://www.rcpd.msu.edu
Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities  517-884-1915 120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033