Since I see IT Services is migrating to Exchange 2010, and I know other units on campus have as well, has anyone explored utilizing Federation<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335047.aspx>, and in particular Microsoft Federation Gateway<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg638824.aspx>, to allow for cross unit calendar sharing?  MFG is free, but requires the one-time trust to be set up.  Since there's no data being exchanged aside from them brokering the trust information, would there be legal issues that one should be aware of?

I've looked into the set up before and it seems relatively straightforward, but was curious if anyone was actually using it.  Until there's a true on-campus sharing solution, this seems like the best option for now, especially as more units upgrade.

Thanks!

Jon Galbreath, MCSE
Systems Administrator
International Studies and Programs