From: Gary Schrock [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 2:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] anyone using shrew vpn software?

Anyone out there using Shrew vpn software?  And specifically, anyone using it on a Mac?

We've run into an odd situation that for the life of me I can't come up with an explanation for.  We've set this software up to connect to our Juniper firewall, and have built a config file that works properly for most cases.  Specifically, we're fine on windows for both wired and wireless, and it works on a Mac for wireless *only* when on campus.  I can take that same mac home, plug it in via a wired connection into my router at home and it works fine.

So, the obvious question would be, what on earth is different for that wired connection here on campus - and only for a Mac?  I've tried using dhcp addresses and static ip's, neither work.  From looking at the firewall, we get an initial connection, and it goes through the xauth stuff, but the link drops shortly after this.  We've tried three different macs, and every one of them behaves exactly the same.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Gary