On 03/05/12 21:58, Joe Besko wrote:
> Quoting Danny Layne <[log in to unmask]>:
>
>> No finger-pointing, but nobody's accepting responsibility either.
>
>> C'mon... fess up... or is someone being protected?
>
> Partly yes, and partly no.  Remind me again *who* took out the power
> on campus a couple years back?  That person wasn't roasted publicly,
> so why do we need to know about this publicly?  I think the power
> outage was on the same scale, if not more so.  Also, when other
> departments get hacked servers and sensitive information gets leaked,
> do we demand to know who was responsible for the system and whether or
> not there were any repercussions?
>
> The problem was resolved, so, please, let's move on.
>
> --
>
> Joe Besko

As someone who has administered a system used world-wide by hundreds
of thousands of people, let me say that from time to time screwups will
happen.  The real question is how often, and when they do, how quickly
are things fixed?

MSU's computer infrastructure is pretty damned decent.  MSU's mail is
pretty good, only at times stumbling under the intense pressure of all
the spam it deals with.

I think this is a digital tempest in a teapot.

--STeve Andre'