Hi,

>Hi All,
>
>What systems of hardware, software management packages, and unit or
college
>user policies are being employed for the support of research.  I am
>particularly interested in SAN or NAS (or cloud) systems for PI data
>storage and back-up.

The Institute for Cyber-Enabled Research (http://icer.msu.edu) provides the
High Performance Computing Center
(https://wiki.hpcc.msu.edu/dashboard.action) as a campus-wide service with
users in many departments. The Center provides high speed home directory and
research group storage space with a default 50 GB quota (and up to 1 TB for
no charge) with hourly snapshots and daily off-site replication for all users. We
also provide several thousand compute cores with a high speed interconnect,
GPGPU nodes and clusters, large memory systems, research software, and a
high-speed temporary parallel file system.

I can provide more specifics about our hardware and software if there is
interest. Additionally, VPRGS has good information about the new federal
research data management plan requirements
http://www.vprgs.msu.edu/node/1439

-Andy