Hi Everyone,
We're in the middle of buying a new tape drive system to replace our aging LTO2 and LTO3 system. We also will be leveraging disk to disk backups, but that is a side issue.

The question I was curious about is how long do each of you keep a copy of your data on tape, before re-using the tape? Also, is the back up window decided by you and/or a Dean/ Commitee?
Thanks,
-russ

Russ Somers                               Network Services, ITC
Michigan State University           [log in to unmask]
A227 VetMed Center                  Phone: (517) 353-5551
East Lansing, MI 48824              Fax:     (517) 432-2937