You actually have a few options. There is a very brief summary here:

http://tech.msu.edu/filter/manage/authentication-services

Basically the main ones to use on campus are Sentinel (a homegrown
application, but used in a variety of MSU web apps) and the other one is
Shibboleth which is based on open standards and you can learn more about
here: http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/

As Mel pointed out there is also a way to limit it to specific NetIDs
via AFS space: http://techbase.msu.edu/article.asp?id=683

And if you are using Apache as your HTTPd there's a module called
mod_auth_kerb: http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/ which you can use to
point at our Kerberos Realm. I believe this method utilized HTTP_AUTH
though, so if you want someone to login through a webpage and not a
popup you might want to avoid this choice. However, you can also use
this to limit access to a particular set of NetIDs if you so desired, as
well.

Good luck!
./brm

P.S. - after a small bit of searching Google, but not much further
research, I may be wrong on the "homegrown" status of Sentinel.