From: Rytlewski, Jamie [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 7:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Need your help in choosing a new phone

I am curious as to what you can't stand about the Windows Phone? Besides the
lack of apps (for now) I've only heard of positives. And when I've played
with one, I thought it was very smooth and was put together well.

On Dec 18, 2011, at 11:44 PM, Loren LaLonde wrote:

> Oh, and blackberry's are exactly what you get...  Less robust app store,
but they're pillars for reliable phones.  They don't do a lot, but they do
what they do well.

> I personally can't stand Windows Phone.  But I know some people who love
it.  Apps are lagging there a bit, but it's not a terrible option if you dig
the Metro interface.

> Verizon has great coverage, Sprint is also very good for when I've used
it.  I never heard anyone complain more than the average AT&T customer
except maybe T-Mobile users. I have no idea how other carriers are. But some
give you a 30 day trial.  Take advantage of it to find out who gives you the
best coverage.

> Loren LaLonde
>
> On Dec 18, 2011, at 11:36 PM, Loren LaLonde <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I recently went through a similar situation, and actually decided to wait
on getting a smartphone of my own.  I have an iPod touch which handles all
the functions I need (since I'm certainly not reading emails while on the
road).  If I'm needed *right now,* someone will call me.  Oh, and I'm
effectively stuck with Verizon since I spend a lot of time in Canada...
Which also limits data plan usefulness.

>> With that disclaimer:  I do have a lot of experience evaluating
smartphones through work.

>> Although I will not suggest one platform over another, we know the
battles.  It sounds to me like you're more interested in better coverage
than AT&T.  Which I totally get, and justifiably should be the first
consideration IMHO.  The iPhone has the flash issue, but otherwise is a well
known, and pretty darn reliable setup.  Since Verizon and Sprint now have
them, you'll really want to check your current usage and just pick a plan
that matches what you do.  The iPhone is still sans 4G on all models though
too.

>> The android phones across the board give you flash, but they have their
drawbacks.  Most Android phones give you less battery life, few or no OS
updates (no new features),

>> If you plan on using tethering, just go to Sprint now.
>>
>> Loren LaLonde
>>
>> On Dec 18, 2011, at 9:17 PM, "Charlot, Firmin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Fellow NAGers,
>>> I am in need of some advise in choosing a new phone and I need your
help.

>>> Currently I have an iPhone 3G which was wonderful when I first got it a
number of years ago but now it ... Uh hmmm ... Well loosing its appeal -
between dropped calls through AT&T and the lack of flash on the phone among
other things, it's time for a change.  Sprint's service plans sound good but
what would an alternative phone be?