I haven't figured out the best official place to complain about this, so I'll do it here.    There is a service alert about some of MSU's mail servers having been blacklisted.    The thing is, the first note is dated at 9 a.m. on Monday, and the next update is expected at 8 a.m. on Wednesday.   I realize it can take a while to get a server un-blacklisted, but it would be nice to get more details and more frequent updates.   In the meantime people are asking me about alternate SMTP servers to use.   I don't know if I should tell them to be patient and we'll learn more Wednesday (not an acceptable answer for some people) or if progress is being made and they should keep trying to send their e-mails, or what.

John Gorentz
W.K. Kellogg Biological Station