My husband and I have been using an ATT MicroCell in our home since they
were released by ATT about a year and a half ago.  We live a few houses
from the corner of Grand River Avenue and Hagadorn.  It's pretty much a
dead zone there.  (Our campus offices are not much better.)  We had been
complaining to ATT for over a year that we couldn't get service in our
home.  When the MicroCells came out we got a letter from ATT letting us
know and giving us a coupon so we would not be charged for the
MicroCell.  Zero one-time cost, zero additional recurring cost for the
MicroCell - because of the poor coverage at both home and work.

The MicroCell was pretty easy to setup, although it took a while to go
through its first time stuff.  Have only had to reboot a couple of
times.  Call dropping much better - from pretty much guaranteed without
MicroCell to rarely.  Note that for a phone to be able to use the
MicroCell the MicroCell "administrator" must first go to a website and
authorize the phone number of the 3G cellphone device that will use the
MicroCell.

Diana E. D'Angelo

Associate Director

University Data Resource Administrator