There have been earlier threads on this group on this subject.  In short:

It has been done.

Need to have a window to the outside world to get a GPS lock.

Difficult to get AT&T to put you in their database -- lack of street addresses on campus makes it hard to get the micro cells into their 911 system.

Don't know if there is a policy.

Brian