From: Gary Schrock [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] 421 too many concurrent SMTP connections on mail.msu.edu

I'm seeing a lot of 421 Too many concurrent SMTP connections errors this morning when connecting to mail.msu.edu.  After doing some digging, I'm kinda wondering if this might be that mail.msu.edu is thinking that *my* server is causing too many connections, or if it's just that mail.msu.edu is kinda overwhelmed at the moment?  We do send forth a reasonably amount of mail, but from a cursory glance, I'm not seeing an excessive number of connections when I look at netstat, so I don't
*think* it's my end, but wondered if someone might have an idea.

Looks like it's been happening for the last couple hours based on the delay times I'm seeing, and while some things are going through right away right now, I'm still seeing some bounces because of this.

Gary