On 08/17/11 17:42, Kramer, Jack wrote:
> So for anyone who isn't aware, one of the UR webservers dropped two
> disks from a RAID5 last Monday. I'm looking for good tools to do a
> low(ish)-level volume scan looking for things like MySQL databases,
> etc. It doesn't look like there was any physical disk damage – the
> RAIDset came back online when I forced the disks back to OK – but I'm
> definitely missing some file indices. Does anyone have any
> recommendations?

If I understand you, you have a disk that is not damaged physically, but
the file system is damaged.  Given that this is a raid 5 system, the disk
doesn't contain a complete filesystem, does it?

If it does, then r-studio is a great utility for digging into messes and
extracting files.  But I don't think it can help out if this is part of a
raid system.  I hope I'm wrong on this.

--STeve Andre'