Pardon me for my dinosaur-ways, but I don't know anyone that is using a tablet as their primary computer...

I'm trying to advise an MSU retiree. Her XP laptop is getting creaky, she is trying to decide how to replace it and wondering if a tablet might work. It would basically be used for MSU email and web browsing. (reserving the old laptop for word processing)

Are there people that are using tablets as their main system, and what limitations does that involve?

I think she is drawn to the tablet due to the light weight and ease of carrying around town.

She spends some time in the UP, it is still a dialup world there ... anyway to connect a modem to an iPad?

thanks for any comments!