From: Scott Smith [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 10:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Cell phone dead zones in buildings

I’ve gotten a couple of inquiries lately about what can be done to improve cell phone reception within our building.  Mainly it’s “I can’t get my email!” from smartphone users.

I suppose they could go to WiFi, but I’m told this will quickly suck batteries dry (I don’t have a smartphone myself so I don’t have any firsthand experience with that)

Is there such a thing as a cell repeater that can be placed inside a building?  Or some other solution that has worked for folks?

Scott Smith

HR Systems Development and Support

Michigan State University