Thanks, Leo.

In the event it helps anyone else, I have confirmed Leo’s responses that:

·         You cannot log into googleapps.msu.edu using a Google account. After you click the link you are redirected to an MSU Login screen, so this is obvious (once you click it) that only NetIDs are valid.

·         You can share a document from a Google account to a MSU NetID.

However, when I share a document from my NetID to my Google account, a pop-up appears stating, “Are you sure?  [my Google account] is not in the Google Apps organization that this item belongs to. Are you sure you would like to share with this address?”  When I select “Yes”, it permits the sharing to an external address. I have confirmed that I can login to my Google account and edit the NetID’s file.

So, to answer my third question, collaboration is possible. The legal implications of this are mind-numbing, but it is technically possible.

Have a great weekend.

Brian