My guess is there is zero difference between the use of technology by MSU students and the average college student at any university.  I always considered the media surveys of "the most wired campus" as nonsense.  (There was a time when Dartmouth was arguably the most wired and wireless campus, but they were small in size and huge in investment.  Early university adopters who thought it was important to win surveys spent huge dollars building out wired and wireless networks, or lying about coverage.)

The whole exercise is useless.  You might as well ask how many students had cars in 1921 or cell phones in 1997.  It has nothing to do with the university.

/rich