On 7/21/11 1:47 PM, Gary Schrock wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Hmm, interestingly, I had one user that when she went to the MSU google calendar thing (through the msu google apps page, signing on via the sso stuff), she was getting an odd error message.  I'm going on memory here, so the wording is undoubtedly off, but the message was something along the lines of "You are trying to sign in as (removed).  You are currently signed into the system as (removed)%gtempaccount.com."  There was some other text in there, and then a choice to either "switch accounts" or "cancel".  Cancel would take you out of the system completely, so we tried switch accounts, and that seemed to properly work.  But it was an odd message that had the user confused, and doesn't seem to be covered in the transition documentation.

Your information tells me that the user does have a personal account that is in conflict. She may not remember creating such, but she's got one. Google as part of the transition has renamed the conflicting accounts using a scheme like this: [log in to unmask]

Otherwise, it sounds like you stumbled through.  I'd advise the user to go ahead and follow the Conflicting accounts procedure to get the confusion reduced.

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">FWIW, this person as far as I know does not have a non-msu google account.  She also had just logged into the computer, and started up a browser, so wasn't logged in already.  She may have been logged in on another system earlier in the day while the transition was happening, so my guess is that it could have been related to that?

Gary

--
Leo Sell
MSU ATS Help Desk