    A user wants me to get the contents of his "archive" folder on the
MSU mail system.

   I thought it would be good to have this as a fetchmail script, so I
could slurp up stuff from mail.msu.edu when I need to.

   I now have fetchmail working to the point that I can get a users
inbox from the mail system, and send it to a user account on my
machine.  That works.

   What doesn't work is trying to specify a particular non-inbox
folder.  Fetchmail says that it can't find that folder.

   Looking on the net I found and edited a fetchmail rc file that
looks like this:

poll mail.msu.edu with proto IMAP and options no dns
        user '#########' there with pass '#######'
        is 'user' here ssl

and then fun fetchmail like this:

fetchmail -f fetchmail -a -k -v -Spaladin/587 -rarchive

paladin is my laptop (OpenBSD) and 587 is the alternate
port for smtp.

The -rarchive should get the archive folder, rather than the
inbox, but that doesn't work.  Below is a run of the command.
The fetchmail documentation says that the folder name given
to -r might be system dependent.  Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks all...  --STeve Andre'

[fetchmail run trying to get at the archive folder]

paladin /u/steve fetchmail -f fetchmail -a -k -v -Spaladin/587 -rarchive
fetchmail: WARNING: Running as root is discouraged.
fetchmail: 6.3.20 querying mail.msu.edu (protocol IMAP) at Thu Jul 21
19:27:13 2011: poll started
Trying to connect to 35.9.75.19/993...connected.
fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: self signed
certificate in certificate chain
fetchmail: This means that the root signing certificate (issued for
/O=Entrust.net/OU=www.entrust.net/CPS_2048 incorp. by ref. (limits
liab.)/OU=(c) 1999 Entrust.net Limited/CN=Entrust.net Certification
Authority (2048)) is not in the trusted CA certificate locations, or
that c_rehash needs to be run on the certificate directory. For details,
please see the documentation of --sslcertpath and --sslcertfile in the
manual page.
fetchmail: Server certificate:
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Entrust, Inc.
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: Entrust Certification Authority - L1C
fetchmail: Subject CommonName: mail.msu.edu
fetchmail: mail.msu.edu key fingerprint:
7C:44:2F:EA:02:75:05:4E:2F:1E:44:ED:D5:95:99:02
fetchmail: Warning: the connection is insecure, continuing anyways.
(Better use --sslcertck!)
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE AUTH=PLAIN ACL
ACL2=UNION] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2011 Double Precision,
Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0001 CAPABILITY
fetchmail: IMAP< * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE AUTH=PLAIN ACL
ACL2=UNION
fetchmail: IMAP< A0001 OK CAPABILITY completed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0002 LOGIN "$$$$$$" *
fetchmail: IMAP< A0002 OK LOGIN Ok.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0003 SELECT "archive"
fetchmail: IMAP< A0003 NO Mailbox does not exist, or must be subscribed to.
fetchmail: mailbox selection failed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0004 LOGOUT
fetchmail: IMAP< * BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
fetchmail: IMAP< A0004 OK LOGOUT completed
fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from
fetchmail: 6.3.20 querying mail.msu.edu (protocol IMAP) at Thu Jul 21
19:27:14 2011: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=7 (ERROR)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 7