At 03:02 PM 7/6/2011, Scott Smith wrote:
>OK folks, enough is enough.
>
>We are dealing with a MAMMOTH corporate entity known as SAP, which
>has a software product that is incredibly complex.  Any one of you
>who thinks that such a MAMMOTH corporate entity is going to expend
>huge amounts of time and money trying to be compatible with every
>release of every browser and browser add-on that exists on the day
>after the next point rev is released really needs to take the next
>shuttle back to reality.

A mammoth corporate entity should have more resources to deal with a
dynamic, multiple-browser environment than a one-horse outfit would
have.   A mammoth corporate entity should also have resources to
enforce some coding discipline on its developers; otherwise what's
the purpose of our buying a single system?

My next stop is to go complain about cloud computing vendors who save
us the trouble of dealing with software revisions by telling us we
always need to upgrade to the latest version of the browsers because
they are dropping support for the old ones the minute the new ones
come out and because newer is always better.   (I exaggerate, but
only a little.)

John Gorentz