Good morning:

I was wondering if anyone has any dealings with adapters to connect an analog Polycom conference phone to an existing digital line.  We are looking at doing that, rather than having an entire analog line put into the office, we would rather make the Polycom work with our existing lines.

Please do not laugh....  In Music we still have the OLD StarPluss phone systems....  Which may / may not present an issue.

Doing some research on their own, our Deans office found the following product:

http://konexx.com/konference.htm#i

My initial concern is the verbiage "...works with virtually any digital phone system".  I have kicked myself in the butt many times because of this phrase being attached to a product.  Does anyone have any experience with this product, or any other similar products?

Please remember, we're working on limited budget, are not interested in adding a second phone line, or complicated IP / Computer based setups.  We have the Polycom system, and our Dean simply wants to connect it to the existing digital system.

Thanks for your advice and input.

-dak

********************
* dak aldrich
* network admin
* college of music, msu
* 517.432.5045
* comit.music.msu.edu
This message is only for the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute or copy this email.  Any views or opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author and do
not represent those of Michigan State University or the
College of Music.  Any information obtained from or
contained in these emails is confidential.  No
information will be shared or given to any persons
outside of the appropriate department(s).