From: Cooke, Tony [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:54 AM
To: Laurence Bates
Subject: RE: [MSUNAG] Summary of remote access clients available for secure
FTP file servers - i.e. Windows IIS7.5 FTPS server

Intentionally off list.

If the intent is remote access to file storage, is there a simple VPN
solution that would work? This way, the users don't need to modify their
"working" behavior, they only need to connect first.

For what it's worth, we have IIS7.5 w/FTPES configured on our primary file
server for when the need arises (large files, vendor access, et al). The
only client we "suggest" is Filezilla, though they're free to use whatever
they like. However, this is much to awkward and "different" for the average
user, so we generally advise use of the VPN.

Just my $0.02.

-Tony