Hey, here's a thought. Why not think about this from some other position than male white privilege?

Our society uses a few things to define "normality."
We value maleness. We value Christianity. We value heterosexuality. We value wealth. We value youth.  And, yes: we value whiteness.
If you are not someone who fits in those categories (or worse, like me, you strike out on multiple categories), you spend a lot of time feeling left out and othered in this culture.

In this situation:
Someone tells you a technical term you used makes them uncomfortable.
There are alternative terms available that supply more precision.
It's not a major effort to make a slight change in terminology.

So, why in the world would you NOT use an alternative term?
It's not being "politically correct"--It's being *polite* and considerate of others.

This is an opportunity.
Why not think about what you can learn from the way in which another person sees an issue, rather than defending the status quo?

Now, can we please go back to discussing technology, i.e, the purpose of this list?